Friday, March 7, 2008

Early season racing & bike update...


The 29'er is all setup with the new Stan's wheelset total weight is down to 22.66 lbs from 26.66 exactly 4 lb loss. I'm pretty impressed with the weight the way the bike is setup right now. I have only had a chance to ride it in the snow and ice, so on to part 2 of the post!


Mike Carter and I are heading down to VA for some early season enduro fun. The race is the Camp Hilbert series - which I'm told is very fast and usually pretty dry. It's supposed to rain on Friday into Saturday but 50's and dry on Sunday!! Should make for some decent riding - at least it is not snow or ice covered trails, which I'm pretty stoked about.

Race report to follow in the next few days.

-matt

4 comments:

Travis said...

What all did you change out of the girl...I know wheels/tires, I see seat too.

Good luck in VA, I've got a couple of friends heading down too.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Travis,

Here is a write up of the whole build on MTBR.com

http://tinyurl.com/295exp

-matt

Pete said...

Good luck down in VA and make sure you have some fun!