Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ingredient labels...

On Friday I was hanging at SMC for a bit while Bowman and Mike Yozell were scarfing down some cheeseburgers and fries fries from Five Guys Burgers & Fries. We were discussing some dietary issues - HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) vs. Sucrose (real sugar). Apparently HFCS is the downfall of the country per Mike. Then Mark's wife was there and told me how bad Aspartame is for you. From the way she explained Aspartame - it confuses your brain with zero calorie sweet tasting stuff, allowing you to overeat sugary stuff because your brain doesn't automatically tell you you're full.

Using this thought, as I drink a fair amount of Diet Pepsi, I though it could explain why my new favorite junk food choice is this;


Mike informed me I'm just weak! Clearly I am weak because as I'm writing this I'm drinking a Diet Pepsi and eating 4 Butterfinger minis (1 serving) only 180 calories. I guess I'll work it off tomorrow at the Derby.

-matt

No comments: