Friday, April 25, 2008

bike Friday (day off)

I woke up early on my day off and met Frank, Weldon, and Geoff for a Jordan ride. We busted out a 10 mile loop in about 1 hour 11 minutes - I was on the SIR9 SS. I definitely need an 18 tooth rear cog for Jordan, although I don't know if it would great for Salisbury.

After the ride, I had a doctor's appointment then headed to the chiropractor for a quick work-over. I shot back over to Emmaus to meet Brian for my 2nd ride - the brunch ride. We did Hemp Hill backwards 17ish miles in 58 minutes, just in time to stop at SMC for a post/pre ride espresso.

When we got to the shop there were a few people getting ready for the Rodale lunch ride - round 3 for me. We downed our coffee and did the Vera Cruz with Spring hill loop - 20 miles in an hour fifteen minutes. Now I'm starting to get a bit tired. Well all enjoyed some post ride coffee, while Ryan grabbed a 40 of Corona (in a paper bag) and a few of us drank on the stoop of Armetta's - what a great afternoon!

I had to head to Spokes to pick up my bike after the new internals for my Lefty SL were installed - ahhh, now you can actually lock it out. Chip also spent some time on my rear wheel which was pretty far outta true. Looks like I might need to use a beefier rim soon.

That's it for my bike Friday, although I probably should've taken it a little easier today with Greenbrier this Sunday. My wife and I went to Texas Roadhouse for diner and then ice cream afterwards - I guess that was the perfect recovery food, although I'm not sure I burned as many calories as I took in. Yeah well, now I'm gonna just chill and prolly hit the sack early.

-matt

4 comments:

Travis said...

Knockin back a 40 on Frank's front porch..why do I find that so funny?

What rim are running on the 29er now?

Either way sounds like a sweet day of riding, see you tomorrow at Greenbrier.

Matt said...

Travis,

I'm running the ZTR 355 righ now. I talked with Mike @ Stan's and he said he would figure something out for me. We'll see what I end up with. See you at Greenbrier.

-matt

Matt said...

Travis,

Also - that was Armetta's Pizza & Italian Restaruant not Frank Armetta's.

-matt

Pete said...

18 tooth at sals will make you strong like bull.