Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Roller suffering...

I picked up a training program from LW Coaching. She has pre-built plans for various disciplines of racing, ranging from beginner/sport/expert xc plans to 100 mile prep plans. I picked the expert build/peak/race plan - which is a 12 week plan. Tonight was my first interval workout on the program, and it was definitely a tough workout. Here's a screenshot from WKO+ with a gridline at my FTP 277 watts.

The workout was max effort 3 x 3 min on 3 min off, 3 x 2 min on 2 min off, 3 x 1 min on 2 min off. With the warm up, intervals, and cool down this was my longest roller session. After the workout I did some work with The Stick, and used the foam roller on my IT band, quads and hamstrings. Feeling pretty good now - but certainly tired.

_________________________________________

I've been looking for a light, fast, decent cornering tire for the 29'er. I found a Bontrager XR 29x2.25 that weighed only 560 grams, mounted right up tubeless on the Stan's 355. It seems to have sealed up with minimal work. Hopefully it hooks up well, looks like a decent cornering tire.


-matt

2 comments:

Pete said...

Too Bad LW Doen't have a plan for me kicking your ass next week!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

Matt said...

Good thing. Cause I wouldn't wanna be the guy that moves to sunny California with all those great road climbs that gets his ass kicked by some lame ass guy that works 60 hours a week.

-matt